September 15, 2012

Sachin tendulkar wife anjali biography






Sachin Tendulkar wife Anjali Biography:

                                          Anjali Tendulkar is the wife of great Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. She was born on 10 November in 1967. She is six years elder to sachin tendulkar. Her father is a renowned Gujarati industrialist. Her father’s name is Mr Anand Mehta. Her mother is from British origin.

The Age difference did not deter Sachin from proposing to her. The two met through common friends and before they knew it, they decided to tie the knot. She first met him at the Mumbai airport when he returned from his first tour of England in 1990, after scoring his maiden Test ton. In an interview Anjali said that she did not recognize him at the frist meeting and she did not know who he is . Anjali was there to pick up her mother. That was the place where they both saw each other first time. Anjali was a medical student then while Sachin was a rising cricket star. Sachin and Anjali started dating after that. It would be interesting to know about their first movie before marriege. They watched "Roja".

They got engaged in 1994 at New Zeland. The couple got married in 1995. They have two kids daughter Sara and son Arjun.

Anjali is a paediatrician by profession. She manages her professional life and personal life very well since she works in JJ hospital which is situated in Mumbai.She likes to maintain a low profile. She is a very down to earth personality. You must not have heard any weird comments regarding her personal life.

I didn't even know who Sachin was when we first met: Anjali


For all the fame he achieved even before the start of his international career, Sachin Tendulkar's wife Anjali couldn't recognise him when they first met in 1990 and she says the batting maestro perhaps fell for her lack of cricket knowledge.

"I first met him at the Mumbai airport when he returned from his first tour of England in 1990, after scoring his maiden Test ton. In fact, when I first saw him at the airport, I didn't even know who he was. It was purely by accident!" Anjali, who married Tendulkar in 1995, said.

"I was there to pick up my mother and Sachin was arriving with the Indian team. That's where we saw each other for the first time... we had a courtship of five years and got married in 1995. We had got engaged a year before that in 1994 and that was in New Zealand," she said in a published interview. Anjali Tendulkar

Ignorant about cricket when she first started dating Tendulkar, Anjali said she read up everything about the game soon after but the man himself didn't like discussing the sport at home. Anjali Tendulkar

"I think what he liked about me was that I knew nothing about cricket when I first met him. But then, me being me, I read everything about the game. I came to know all the fielding positions but he doesn't like me discussing cricket at home. But at times when he is low or upset, I do talk to him about cricket. Again, it's not the game but things related to it that we discuss," she said.

Anjali said she still can't stop herself from getting tensed when Tendulkar comes out to bat, so much so that she doesn't even get up to take a phone call when he is at the crease.

"Actually, I have one particular spot in the house from where I can watch TV and also keep an eye on my Ganpati (Ganesha). I don't eat. I don't answer phones. I don't drink. I don't even move. I don't reply to any sms until he's out," she said.

Nineteen years of knowing the cricketer India worships, Anjali said she has learnt to deal with the pulls and pressures that come with being his better half.

"For me, it's very easy because I've known Sachin for 19 years now. I understand him so well. So whether I am his girlfriend or his wife, it's the same thing, just an extension of that bond. I don't find it very difficult and I'm used to it. Anjali Tendulkar

"Maybe, it's also because I've not known any other person in my life except Sachin. Of course, there are many challenges and difficulties to being his wife but the whole family, including my children, has learnt to deal with it," she said.

On the many moods of the batting genius, who seems calm and composed almost all the time on field, Anjali revealed Tendulkar is miserable when the team doesn't do well and he goes on to achieve a personal milestone.

"It's much worse when he does well and the team doesn't. I know how much it affects him because, for him, the country always comes first. To me it doesn't matter whether he scores one run or 10 runs or even a 100. I'll still be happy because I know he's really trying hard. But I know how much it affects him when he does well and the team loses, like it happened in Hyderabad (against Australia). It's very upsetting," she said.

But for all the fame he achieved even before the start of his international career, Anjali couldn't recognise Tendulkar when they first met in 1990 and she says the batting maestro perhaps fell for her lack of cricket knowledge.









Subscribe to get more Posts :